JOB TITLE: Photography Assistant
STATUS: CONSULTING / PROJECT
ABOUT LOVESHACKFANCYLoveShackFancy is a New York City-based lifestyle brand founded in 2013 by stylist, designer and creative director Rebecca Hessel Cohen. The brand originated from Rebecca's desire to design the perfect bridesmaid dress for her own ethereal summer wedding at her family home in Bridgehampton, surrounded by swaying apple trees. From an initial collection of hand-dyed silk dresses, LoveShackFancy quickly gained a dedicated following for its charming pieces that whisper
PROJECT SCOPE:We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work within our founder and marketing team. The project involves working directly with our Founder and Marketing team to create an organizational system and structure to manage all content for the company, both personally and professionally. Additionally, the project will include editing photos for the private residence of our Founder, our store in Sag Harbor and office in NYC. We are looking for a talented, hard working and highly motivated Photography Assistant to with meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a great eye. This role will be reporting directly to the Founder.
- Develop an overall organizational structure for all content and digital assets.
- Manage organization of all content and digital assets including file names, folder structure, tagging system to track content by season, photographer, etc.
- Manage content selects and production for the private residences, retail store and office space of the Founder and LoveShackFancy.
- Assist production team with daily shoot-related tasks and content inventory.
- Be pro-active, able to show initiative and suggest ideas to constantly improve the workflow and quality of the content organization and team workflow, as well as the wider business.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required such as reporting and tracking expenses, model castings, prop sourcing and catering orders
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ year on-set photo shoot experience in a fashion environment a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, anticipate needs and take direction
- Ability to work collaboratively and value differing perspectives
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and agile
- Must be willing to work off hours and travel internationally for work
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, evolving environment, and responds to change with a positive attitude
- Familiar with Dropbox, Mircosoft Office, suite of photo-editing software
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, welcoming challenges